Friday 17 February 2012

About this blog

They've already worked it out, you don't need to

I'm finding conversations, ethical dilemmas, situations I find myself in are relating to big ideas and events of history.

Aristotle has already decided my choice of sandwich.

So I'm doing myself a favour and letting philosophers take the strain so I don't have to work things out from scratch all over again.

I'll try not to make things up to fit an idea or shoehorn them in. That contrivance is dull and it'll show. I'll write only if I actually did find something Machiavelli said useful in dealing with the postman.

Send more socks

Archaeologists recently found the earliest piece of writing in Britain. It was a letter home from Roman soldier based on Hadrian's wall.

It said 'send more socks'.

No comments:

Post a Comment